In Room 10 we are beginning our inquiry around Earth and the Solar System.
During our inquiry we will find answers to student generated questions and carry out some fun experiments.
Along the way we will cover the points listed below, and any other student driven inquiry that is not listed here:
- To know that the Earth is part of the Solar System
- To know that the Earth takes 365 days and 8 hours to orbit The Sun
- To understand that The Earth revolves around its own axis once every day (24 HOURS) and how this gives us day and night
- To know that the Solar System includes The Earth, The Sun and nine planets
- To know the average distances between the planets
- To know that The Sun is the most important part of the Solar system because it keeps the planets in their orbits
- To know how the height of The Sun in the sky varies with the seasons
- To understand how and why the moon appears to change shape
- To know the different moon phases
- To know that The Earths moon takes 27.5 days to orbit The Earth